YALSA Teen Blogging Contest for Teen Read Week™
The Hub will feature posts written by teen bloggers during the week of October 12-18 in celebration of Teen Read Week (TRW).
Teens aged 12-18 are eligible to participate. Interested teens will need to complete an online application form in order to be considered for the contest. The application deadline is August 1, 2014.
Selected participants will be notified by email the week of Aug. 25.
To apply, please complete the online application form
May – July:
- Application is open during this time period
- The deadline is August 1, 2014
- Applications will be vetted, winners will be picked and contacted
- Blog post topics will be determined and assigned collaboratively between The Hub and the teens based on each party’s interests.
- Further details about the blog posts and deadlines will be communicated to the teens and their adult liaisons
- Posts are submitted to The Hub manager, Allison Tran and The Hub Advisory Board
- Posts will be edited and prepared for posting next month
- Feedback will be given to teens about their posts, as well as advice on writing and blogging
- Posts go live during Teen Read Week with a little featurette about the teen bloggers in each of their respective blog posts
For more information or questions, please contact Anna Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org